Thursday, July 20, 2006

5 things found on the lawn...



My favorite polka-dot flip-flops, a citronella candle, and a sign professing my undying love for Steve Miller are just a few of the things I accidentally left behind on the lawn last time I came to a concert at Ravinia with my friends. My list might sound odd to you, but it seems much stranger things have been left by others.

Of course, the morning after a concert the park staff always finds the usual keys, cell phones, sunglasses, and blankets, but sometimes they come across something a little more unusual.

This season alone the staff has found a whole salmon, a baby stroller, a pair of socks, women's undergarments, and an engagement ring. As Facilities Manager Jim Schmitz said, "It has been a fantastic journey in the land of garbage collection." And if anyone out there misplaced a salmon, it's being held in the lost and found.

-Shannon Rego, Communications Intern

No comments: